Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Experience With Bullying Pt. 2

Okay, so, here it goes! I've come to realize that most of the time, girls are bullied by guys more than actual guys get bullied. Why? I think it's because most girls who get bullied either made one little mistake that got known by everyone or they are simply too nice and adorable and mild that everyone takes advantage of them. But, even though girls ARE bullied just as much as guys, I can only speak for my own experience, and this time, I guess I have to talk about a much more painful bullying than kids in school: Family Bullying- Yep, you read correctly: Family Bullying.

See, most people don't see it as bullying when it's in the family, but I do. Why? Because, bullying is bullying, no matter where it is. See, I was bullied all my life by my father and my big sister (on his side.) I don't hate them, as a matter of fact, I love them, but that doesn't mean they have done so. First, my father's kind of bullying. He played pranks on me. Say we're watching a scary movie (E.g. Saw, or the Exorcist or some freaky movie) and he tended to keep scaring the heck out of me. Sure, pranks are not considered bullying, but, technically, bullies don't consider what they do bullying, right? Well, he was always picking my sisters over me and always made what I said or did something bad, one way or another, for example:

Once, my little sister was sitting next to me and our dad turned off the T.V. because we were heading out somewhere, not sure where. Out of a sudden, my sister grabs the control and turns the T.V. back on, which got my dad mad. He turned the T.V. off again and, of course, my sister turned it back on. Instantly, he turned on me and practically shouted at me that I shouldn't be such a bad influence on my sister and that I should shut up and stop telling her to turn on the T.V. for me. Which, honestly, was stupid, considering I was laying on the sofa, playing on my then-alive PSP, with my back to the T.V. Once I said I wasn't, in fact, telling her anything, he fumed and practically insults me out the door and was bitter to me all day long because of that stupid thing I wasn't to blame. Of course, not many will consider this bullying, but it is what I consider bullying.

Now, to the next step! My Sister! Ah, she was the most annoying. Firstly, she NEVER paid attention to what I said, in fact, she literally ignored me whenever I said something and did as she pleased, such as eating the Nutella that was meant for me, or the Crunch, or the sandwich that I was going to eat because I was hungry. Now, she was, also, the one who, knowing I didn't like horror or suspense movies, picked them and made dad force me watch them, saying they were 'family bonding time.' She was a jerk, yes, and she always played her extra-loud Reggueton music whenever I asked to be left alone because my head was hurting. But, in the end, we had a fallout, and we didn't talk to each other (Me to my dad or sisters) for about three years, until a while ago, when I (Not them) messaged dad asking him for forgiveness. It hurt to be the one to apologize, but once I did it, I felt like I did the right thing.

My Regards and Support to those suffering from Bullying,

Ell J. Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment