Friday, September 14, 2012

I Present to Ye: Phoenix!

It has become official: I am working full-time on writing a book which, of course, I will publish after the required procedure: Editing, editing and editing, among other stuff. It's a good story, Four out of four have deemed it great so far, and, though the people who like it are my friends, they are book loves, so they don't hold their criticism back. I've been thinking about it and, as much as I enjoy other stuff, writing has always been my passion, and so I'll gamble it all on it.

Now, moving to the story. It's hard to explain, specially since it's my own story, so I'll just add this extract from Chapter 1.


“They're pretty thick, aren't they?” Phoenix asked Alice, who giggled. “Sir, I'm not a phoenix guy, let alone a phoenix dude. I am THE Phoenix. I know what I'm doing so, please, shut up and let me and your lovely daughter do the thinking and talking around here.” Phoenix said, his voice was calm, but gave a feeling that they were talking to some kind of lord. Someone they had to obey. “And that goes for you too, ma'am.” He added, pointing at Alice's mum. “Now, the thing down there is called an Avortel.” He said, pointing at the door over his shoulder with his thumb. “It's a deadly creature from Elven Mythology that is said to slowly eat a person's soul and then, when it has fed on all your spiritual energy, awakens and eats your body. Of course, that's what the myths say, not really necessarily true, since it's a myth. But, legend also says that if there's other living life forms not of the same kind as the soul absorbed, he'll eat everything until nothing remains for around... Say... A continent.” Phoenix smiled. “I thought they were non-existent, considering where they come from, but still, here's one living. Brilliant.”Phoenix said, clapping one. “Now, Alice, to do what I'm about to do, I'll need your help. Do you trust me?”

That's as much as you'll see for now. Hope you enjoyed a bit of an extract. It's the one and only story I love enough to say I'll publish it. I've been working extra-hard on it, so it'll be my finest piece. And, to be honest, I owe it to some very important people. So prepare, for Phoenix is coming sometime this century. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment